Christmas Season Must-Haves

By December 05, 2016








 


-


WINTER FAVORITES
____

Finally, a share that isn't about food!

But I know you guys all love my food posts. 

It's been a while since I've done a beauty and fashion post because this past while, I've been so swamped with school that I haven't had much time to explore trends or shop online. But the last few weeks, I've had a bit of a breather and with the impending holiday season, I thought it would be time I showed you guys some of the things I've been using on the daily!

There's a few things that I've recently acquired, and some which have been part of my staple routine for the past year (and more). With the changing weather and the upcoming Christmas season, these are a few of the things that will get me through the chilly weather and holiday parties.

My beauty routine has been kept at a minimal pace, but there are still days when I barely have time to put on my socks, let alone my face! Still, I'll whip out my Anastasia Dipbrow, which I rave about to everyone I meet. It glides on easily and is so pigmented that even after a year of use, I've barely used a quarter of a pot.

Other beauty items I've been loving are these Colourpop Ultra Matte Lips which I picked up in Beeper, Bumble, Tulle, and Viper. In my earlier uni days, I loved nothing more than a night out with bold red lips, but the older I get, the more I swing towards neutrals, which are a more subtle glam. The Tarte contour brush also gives me great precision, when I have that extra minute to swipe on some powder. Lastly, I'm still obsessed with this lip balm from Nuxe, which I'm pretty sure was featured in my last "must-haves". Still in love with it.

The best part about holiday parties are of course, dressing up. It's hard with multiple events to find a 10/10 outfit for each one, so an easy way for me switch things up is with a huge necklace and some earrings. The necklace is from Zara and from their Winter collection a few years back, a gem that I've recently discovered, and the earrings are from Hudson's Bay, which I got at such an amazing price that it was basically a steal!

Lastly, to finish off any outfit, perfectly manicured nails courtesy of OPI and a light spritz of YSL Parisienne - which has been my signature scent since Grade 10. I purchased it for my highschool Winter Formal, so there's no way I could go through the holiday season without it.

I am currently in the middle of Christmas shopping, and Winnipeg is having it's first major snow storm today. It blows my mind that we are only three weeks away, and I'm trying to enjoy every moment of it.

Let me know if any of these make it into your party bag this year!

naomi.

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Replies