Spring Lovin'

By April 03, 2016 , , ,





 SPRING LOVES

I can't believe it's already Spring.

Every year around this time, I take a weekend to realign myself by getting rid of the excess and the things I don't need or use anymore. In my younger days, I preferred quantify over quality - always chasing after the newest and shiniest things I could get my hands on. 

Three years ago I read this book which detailed the mistakes my generation often makes with money. I realized that the way I spent money didn't make sense. Why do I need ten different types of foundation when one already does what I need it to and works perfectly well? So, the older I get, the more I find myself running towards more simple things. Instead of filling my vanity with bottle and bottles of products, I prefer finding something that is well made, and sticking to one bottle instead of five.

Lately these products have been staples for me,  and they focus more on skincare and basics rather than the elaborate and extravagant.

For my hair, I've been really loving Lush's Jason and the Argan Oil shampoo bar and Pantene's Keratin Gloss. For the face, Prevage's Anti-Aging Serum and Ceramide Capsules, both by Elizabeth Arden which has done wonders in helping restore a Springtime glow to my dry Winter skin. DHC's Cleansing Oil has also been fantastic and the perfect alternative to the Bioderma toner, which is my usual favorite. Make-up wise, I've been obsessed with Clinique's Beyond Perfect Foundation and Concealer and Anastasia's Contour Kit. My last two favorites have been on my must-have list for a while; MAC's Velvet Teddy matte lipstick, and YSL's Parisienne perfume.

I've got around two more months of school left until Summer break, and definitely looking forward to the warmer weather so I can finally begin working on my vegetable garden!

Hoping your Spring is going just as well :)

naomi








You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Replies

  1. I've been really shocked by how quickly the weather warmed up too. I found myself digging through my collection for my summer colors.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete