One Night to Bond

By December 13, 2015 , , , ,

Before we begin, can we take a moment to admire these men in their handsome suits!
I wasn't tall enough to be part of their squad, but they are some serious goals.


After getting over how sophisticated everyone looks, you may wonder, 'Why is everyone so dressed up?' 



Once a year, a few hundred students fold away their lab coats and scrubs to slip into glittering gowns and tailored suits. As the women sweep their hair into elaborate up-do's, the men straighten their bow ties and rub on the muskiest of colognes. 


Dressed to the nines, we gathered at the Fort Garry Hotel, for an evening of celebration and smiles.

This year's event theme was 007.



After some mingling and 'oohing' and 'aahing' at how fantastic everyone looked, we all settled down at our tables (which felt like a huge game of musical chairs).

Jade posed with the bread and pretended like she was going to eat it, but really, I ate the entire thing.


The first course took forever to come, so between mouthfuls of bread, I paparazzi-ed everyone and made them pose for me, because they were all just too gorgeous for me not to.



(I put down the bread just long enough for this photo)


By the time the salad came, everyone was famished. Although some people (Matthew and Jeffrey) couldn't decide whether the mysterious fruit was poached apple or pear, it was delicious nonetheless, and I was tempted to sneak a few bites from my unsuspecting table-mates.


Thankfully for everyone else, Annie pulled me away just before my fork neared their plates.


Seeing as the next course hadn't come yet, everyone posed for a few more photos and even with heels on, Youn Tae is still a good head taller than Becca and I!

And by now, you're all probably thinking, how was I so lucky to meet all these lovely (and gorgeous and tall) people!


Well, this girl I met three years ago outside of Biochem class (after I stopped her outside of lab), and I've been so blessed to be on this academic -and faith!- journey with her. 


Others, I've only met a few months ago - although it feels more like forever. It's amazing what we have gone through since then and how they have put up with me through it all. 

School and life isn't always easy, but it's comforting to know that whenever I need them to keep me company through some hard days, or even if I need their help tying my tie, they're only one message away.





The entree (a delicious teriyaki chicken) comes and goes, and as the evening progresses and our tummies are filled, laughter fills the room and warm conversations are had everywhere. 




 As the shoes slip off, the hair is let down, we end the night off with the smoothest Creme Brulee which fuels us just enough to dance the night away.



And so, the evening went as fast as it came. Leaving beautiful memories and all these pictures behind.

It was delightful to dress up and surround ourselves with sparkling Christmas trees, but the best part of the evening (and any evening) was really the people and it would be meaningless without them. Christmas is a time of joy and celebration, and Winter holidays are meant to be spent with the ones we love, whether it's family or friends. You're going to be seeing these lovely people on my blog a lot these next few years as we journey through some really fun years of our lives, and I am so thankful to be able to share it with them.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, 

naomi

You Might Also Like

1 Lovely Replies

  1. looks like you had such a wonderful time, naomi!
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete