Hong Kong | Shanghai 婆婆

By May 29, 2015 , , , ,







Hello from Hong Kong!

 I've been in Asia for approximately 3 weeks now, and it's been a fabulous adventure so far. Although the heat and humidity were difficult at first, I think I'm finally beginning to slowly adjust. Of course, all the activities have help. My trip so far has mainly consisted of me eating, walking, sightseeing, then eating some more. One of my first meals here in +852 was at this delicious restaurant called Shanghai Popo.  One of Tiffany's friends was in Hong Kong at the same time we were, and found this restaurant on openrice, which is a popular food review site in HK.

I'm a bit of a sucker for Shanghai food, namely their nian gao and delicious dumplings. However, because of the heat outside, it's difficult to eat hot foods, so I opted for the tossed cold vegetarian noodles, while the other girls shared dan dan noodle and some xiao long baos. The noodles I had were delicately coated and deliciously springy. Best part were the vegetables, which is something I miss about Canada - mindbogglingly large bowls of hearty salads.

It's so nice to be back in this city after two years away. Although this trip is mainly work and errands, there are still pockets of times we have to enjoy ourselves. For those of you interested, this restaurant is located in iSquare and can be reached from the Tsim Tsa Tsui Metro. Menu can also be found in English, which is a lifesaver for Chinese-illiterate people like me.

naomi

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Replies