Ginger Soy Salmon

By April 13, 2015 , , ,










Tender cubes of salmon tossed with a drizzle of sesame oil, a sprinkle of soy sauce and a generous pinch of ginger powder makes for a delicious and simple dinner. 

Ever since I started working, my dinner time doesn't happen till 9pm, sometimes later. I'm either famished at that point, or no longer have the appetite to eat anything. Today, I was feeling something in between those two options, so I decided to whip this up.

This last month has really been a month of going back to the basics for me, and revisiting things I've loved for a long time, but have forgotten about. During my little breather from work I've also been consciously trying to re-connect with people whom I've missed for a long time. Small things like picking up my violin again, swapping my Tay Tay for Italian opera, and ditching my coffee for green juice have also really pulled me back to where I was before everything started. I feel like I've made a lot of changes this year, most which have molded me into who I am today, and some that I'm ready to let go of. Starting with coffee. 

This season is almost over, I think it's time I go back to my roots. 

naomi

You Might Also Like

3 Lovely Replies

  1. The first picture of salmon makes me crave for salmon sashimi!
    I'm a sucker for salmon so this recipe looks easy enough for me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I'll have to bookmark this for later!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Do you eat this alone, or do you like veggies or rice with it? I'm dying to try this recipe out, I love salmon! :D

    As for changes; I think that's really commendable of you to go back to your roots. Re-center for lack of a better term. I actually went back to some of my own roots too! Wardrobe and food wise. I gave up coffee for a long time, but I recently began to really and truly appreciate its art again. So I like to indulge every now and again, but if I make it at home, this time around I try to make it slightly healthier, and accommodate to my new body limitations. I don't do as good with diary like I used to; so I skip heavy creams or creamers and milk for almond milk. I've also begun drinking smoothies more often for a boost of energy and vitamins and have been incorporating more water into my daily consumption.

    Life changes are hard, and I think some of the most difficult life challenges is changing your eating habits. Good luck on your journey back to your roots Naomi! <3

    ReplyDelete