After the Storm

By April 27, 2015 , , ,







After Winter comes the Summer, after night comes the dawn. 
After every storm, there comes clear, open skies.
-Samuel Rutherford

In life there are battles worth fighting, and ones which are not. The difficulty lies in knowing the difference. What am I fighting for, why am I fighting, and at the end, even in the face of loss, will I look back and say that it was worth it. 

There are some battles we find ourselves in not by choice, but by obligation. And there are others which we choose to willingly engage in. Sometimes we even fight other's battles for them, taking on that responsibility as if it were our own.

In the end, there is always a choice and always a repercussion. If we chose not to fight, we must accept the outcome. If we chose to fight, we must accept the consequence. Either way, there is something to be won and something to be lost. 

Thing is, what am I willing to lose and what do I wish to gain. And when I look back in 10 years at the road I have paved for myself, will I gain clarity or will I gain regret.

naomi.

__

Word Picture Credit @ Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely Replies

  1. Wow, I love this post. The photos are beautiful, and the message is amazing.
    Shaguna
    gold&hearts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful post, lovely photography and well, its just amazing! I loved it xxx
    http://mylittle-lifeblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete