Winter Nights

By February 08, 2015 ,


























It seems the closer we get to Spring, the more anxious everyone gets. After being holed up inside all Winter, there's nothing better than a relaxed day just being surrounded by good company. I'm a bit of a sucker for group activities, because I like big parties. I'm talking frenzied conversations intermingled with music, food and laughter all around. There's no such thing as too much excitement. This year, I gathered together all of my colleagues for a mid-Winter rush to get to know one another a little bit more. 

The girls, Darren, and I headed to the Forks first, for a bit of on the river Winter skating. Although that was cut short after I dramatically declared that my toes had gotten frostbite, it was still fun. Clearly not a real Winnipegger. After grabbing some mini-donuts, the girls and I mingled around the area until we were due for the official start of the evening with the rest of the gang.

I feel like I've always been lucky with the people that I find myself surrounded by. This year has been an absolute joy in that regards. Going to work doesn't even seem like work, it's feels more like heading to a place to see people who I look forward to seeing. I'm extremely glad we had a chance to go out together as a group before the studies ramp up. because once that happens, our schedules are all extremely difficult to co-ordinate. Yesterday was nice though. It was nice seeing them outside of work. It was nice being able to have a long conversation with them. It was nice having dinner and drinks with them. It was nice playing pool and dancing with them. 

I'm working on 3 hours of sleep right now, so maybe this isn't something I can be doing everyday, but once in a while, a night out is never a bad idea.

naomi 

You Might Also Like

0 Lovely Replies