Dessert for Breakfast: (almost) Superfood Cocktail

By January 12, 2014 ,

I'm not a breakfast person. Most of my friends know this because if we make breakfast dates, 99% of the time, I will find an excuse not to be there. Not just because I don't like waking up, but because I am just not a huge fan of breakfast foods. Pancakes? Bleh

That being said, I've been trying to eat more regularly during the day, so this has been my go-to breakfast/midday snack/midnight snack for the past three weeks. I know quite a few places in Hong Kong actually serve this as a dessert, but I've made a few modifications that make it a bit healthier and more breakfast worthy.


I don't put any extra sugar in because the fruit (drenched in syrup) is usually sweet enough.  It's cheating a bit since it's basically sugar fruit, but fruit nonetheless!  The grass jelly comes directly from boiling a plant (very healthy),  and the basil seeds are supposed to help boost your metabolism and control blood sugar. 

It's like a superfood cocktail.

Almost.










Apparently, benefits include; heartburn relief, source of vitamins, aids in digestion, stress reliever, cooling (yin) effect, cures respiratory disorders, etc etc. 

I'm not actually sure whether these are legitimate benefits, but a healthy dose of this keeps me going for hours, like red bull in a bowl. It also tastes good too and is chock full of fiber, so if that isn't enough reason to try, I don't know what is.

naomi.

You Might Also Like

2 Lovely Replies

  1. Not gonna lie, that does not look good! Though, to be honest, I bet a lot of my food doesn't look good either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it tastes much better than it looks! I promise :)

      Delete