Walk in the Park

By May 29, 2013 , , ,

The weather has been consistently horrible the past week. All rain. No fun. So when the sun came out for a few hours, I grabbed a camera and headed over to the park for some fresh air.







I've fallen in love with walks in the park ever since Chloe's grandmother took me to Edward's Garden across from where they live. Some fresh air coupled with fascinating narrations about the history of different flowers did wonders for me. Chloe's grandma is a pro gardener who grows rows and rows of flowers and vegetables in her backyard, and her tomatoes are absolutely fabulous. For me, if I can keep my herb garden alive, that will be an achievement.

But I wore out pretty quickly this time since I hadn't slept well the night before, so I finished the day off by baking a pizza!

Started off by baking the dough base before I added the toppings. I cheated and bought the pre-made Pillsbury pizza dough because I'm not patient and I ran out of flour.




Topped with fresh mozzarella, homemade tomato sauce and oregano before putting it in the oven.



Finished with shredded prosciutto which I've been addicted to ever since I went to Italy. Love parma ham. Sprinkle of arugula with a drizzle of balsamic glaze and it's done! Easiest meal ever. 

I really hope the weather warms up a bit soon, or at least the sun will come out for a peek. It's almost June! How time flies.


naomi

You Might Also Like

7 Lovely Replies

  1. Beautiful photos :) loved the flower and park photos makes me want to get out on a walk haha x

    www.krystelcouture.com | Shamballa Bracelet Giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took those with your own camera? Wow, I'm so entirely jealous. Instant follow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures!! love the tulip:) I have followed you on bloglovin and GFC, if you want too, maybe follow me back:)?

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shots from your walk! And that pizza looks super good <3 Alex

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Naomi!

    Ahh I know what you mean about the weather. Really bipolar now-a-days. I really like that photograph with the tulip! Great capture!

    Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following you back on GFC and bloglovin. :)

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete